Sunday, September 24, 2023

New Additions Part 1

After sifting through dozens of photos, I decided I have enough new addition pics and models to make two posts. This fall has been very model heavy for me lol, even though I said I wasn't going to buy any more for a while (whoops).

I realized I never covered my BF Scurry. I had a half written post, but I must have forgotten to finish and publish it. Because of that, I'll cover her first.





Isn't she lovely? I was tickled to receive the bay. She only has one area of flaws, and that is on her left cheek/side of face. You can see it in the last photo. Its not too noticeable in normal light, but the daylight really makes it stand out. Her name is SDS Thursday Daisies, barn name Daisy.

A couple weeks ago (maybe three now, I've lost count) I bought some spooky SMs from the website. I hate the gore/satanic side of Halloween, but I'm very partial to fall and the pumpkins and autumnal decor. Candy Corn Mule Cornelius was an absolute must for me! I ordered two bags as soon as the store opened (prior to the glitches, apparently). Both of them were mules. I chose one to keep, and the other was for sale (sale is pending).
I just adore the little fellow! He is a decorator and is glossy, so it seems I should despise him, but he's rapidly becoming a favorite. :3
His show name is SDS Sweet Hoof, barn name Farley (like the candy corn company).


Such nice masking on his teeth!


Now, my last post told you all that I attended a rural auction and hauled home four horses. I asked you to guess which four I bought. Only one reader commented, and she was only partially correct.
(Btw, the reader who commented was HorsesBySamantha. She's a young hobbyist who has a really cool blog. You should follow the link and check it out!)
She guessed the Standing Stock Horse Foal, Adios, Indian Pony, and Old Timer. Two of the horses she suggested are ones I brought home. I will put them in today's post, and the other two in the next post. 

They are. . . . Adios and Old Timer!





The Old Timer is from 1966. Yep, he's nearly 60 years old, and he still has his hat!!!  I might have done a little happy dance and clapped my hands when I saw it on the table next to him. He's glossy, which means he was made in the first year(s) of that run's production. He's in great shape, with the exception of one blackish rub on his right hip. I can live with that. ;) His show and barn name is SDS Nahum.
Adios is Yellow Mount. He is the shoulder spot variation. He's in pretty good shape, with minor front leg warping and a few flaws on his lower legs. Nothing too bad. His show name has yet to be chosen, but his barn name is Roy.

Well, that's all the new arrivals for today's post. There are two more for the next one, and they are from the auction of course. I put the original auction photo below if you'd like another shot at guessing who they are. :)

All guesses/guessers will be noted in the next post; feel free to leave a URL so I can link to you when posting about your guess.

Thank you for reading! Have a wonderful Sunday. ✝️


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your Scurry is gorgeous! These are the first really nice in-hand photos I’ve seen of the bay, now I want one!😂
    And as for the other two auction horses… I’ll guess the chestnut Appaloosa and the bay running mare. And thanks for suggesting my blog!💕

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read comments. Thank you for leaving your thoughts!