Monday, September 5, 2022

Ashton

View out of my studio window to promote nice thoughts of happy little trees before you start reading this sad blog post about poor little flawed models

Sorry for the short absence, my local fair is going on this week and I am very involved in it. It's been dominating all my time (even eating/sleeping). I might do a post on it at a later date. Right now, I'm pretty "faired" out. 😂

Last week, I went against my own advice and purchased Ashton off the TSC website. I took a safety precaution, and ordered two. My plan was to choose the best one and return the other. I picked them up on Friday. Unfortunately, both of them have MAJOR flaws. I will be returning both.

The flaws look like someone splattered watercolor pink paint all over them. I slit one of the boxes and reached in with a wet cotton swab to see if the splats would lift, but they did not. Outside of the flaws, they are gorgeous. I love him, and I'm looking forward to finding a good one. Zeke and Jolene are in at my local store, so hopefully Ashton will be as well when I go to return these two.

Photos of the flaws are below, I circled them. My camera downplays the splats, you'll probably have to blow the image up to see them. They are crystal clear irl. These photos are from one model, the other one is just as bad.

Cringe. There were even more that didn't show up at all so I couldn't circle them.

On the bright side, notice his soft shading, neck dapples, and leg barring! And his snip is adorable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read comments. Thank you for leaving your thoughts!