Saturday, October 1, 2022

Why Is My Studio Name "Spotted Dreams"?

I get asked this a lot. The answer is pretty simple, so I decided to share it on here. :)

The "Spotted" part: My favorite horse breed is the appaloosa, and my favorite horse color is appaloosa. My favorite customs to paint are appaloosas. My favorite models to collect are appaloosas. Notice a pattern? Lol, bad pun. So yes, I chose Spotted because it fit so well with everything that I do.

The "Dreams" part: I firmly believe that every model horse is a dream waiting to be discovered. A model horse in the hands of a child is a permission slip to let themselves be carried away on the winds of hope. If a carpet herd model could talk, imagine what they would say. Imagine all the races they ran, the cows they wrangled, the tumbleweeds they chased, the stories they heard, and the tears they dried. All the dreams they nurtured. If I can help a model be the reason someone spreads their dreams and flies, then I will be happy.

I mainly use studio at the end because I started using Spotted Dreams as the name I sold customs under. It just stuck. I have used stables in the past, but studio seems to fit better. I use "SDS" at the beginning of all my horse's names to keep them separate from other models who may have the same name. Especially with common names like "SDS Be My Valentine" for the Valentine release on Giselle.

There you go! Now you know. :)

Two versions of my logo are below.

This is my main one.

I have this one as an alternate should a white background not work with something.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read comments. Thank you for leaving your thoughts!