Thursday, October 6, 2022

New Blog Series Coming Soon!


This has been in the works for awhile now. Starting hopefully in the next 2-3 days here, I will be doing a blog series on judging Photo Show classes. I will be dissecting a real Photo Show class from the show I hosted this past summer. The examples will be slightly tailored to OMHPS platform use, but the basic principles can be easily applied to any other sort of photo judging.
The example class will be a small one consisting of 5-10 horses. I would do a larger one, but I prefer to discuss fewer horses more thoroughly than more horses rather sloppily.

During this series,  I highly encourage you to post comments! If you have a question, about something I missed covering, or maybe about something I did cover and you didn't quite fully understand then please ask it in the comments! I promise I don't bite. :) I may answer it directly in the comment section, or I may tackle it in the next post. I'm hoping to space the posts out about 1 post per 2-3 days. It should be a no more than 7 post series, probably closer to 5.

Final Disclaimer: I am not the only person in the world, so that means that my opinion is not going to be the same as everyone else's. My method of judging is not identical to every other judge. Some people may not agree with certain points I make, and that's okay. Judging is a style. If we all had the same style, we would have no need for shows, because we would already know which horse was the best. Please, if you see something you don't agree with, don't be nasty. Post it in the comments if you want, and I will give you my reasoning, but please be respectful.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read comments. Thank you for leaving your thoughts!