Monday, January 9, 2023

Circus-Worthy Peanuts and Chocolate Splattered Donkeys

Well that was a boring weekend! Felt like nothing happened. Oh well, Breyer made up for it today by revealing the most adorable little circus-worthy peanut,

Peanutine!





From the blog on the origin of his name:

"In the late 1890s and early 1900s, Peanutine was a treat that was unique to the shores of Old Orchard Beach in Maine and sold to customers via a peanut-shaped wagon pulled by a tandem of donkeys. The recipe is simple and can be found here, and while there is little known about how many of these adorable wagons were made, their legacy lives on through beautiful postcards that have been preserved."


Such a cute little feller! I love him. I would definitely pick him up if he was available for online attendees. I really like his pattern, and his inspiration! His secondary market value will be quite high I think.

It does make me wonder, is he our "vintage" SR? He's a Hess mold, so he does technically qualify for what we consider acceptable for that genre, yet I don't think we collectors typically lump him in that category. I don't know, what do you guys think? 

Any guesses for tomorrow's BF Blog post? Will it be a reveal, SP, or event info? I'm gonna guess another SR reveal (hopefully one that online attendees can get ahold of!).


In other news, I have several new additions (and some campers) that I can't wait to show to you guys! I will hopefully have photos by late this week. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read comments. Thank you for leaving your thoughts!