Friday, January 13, 2023

Hornswoggled. . . But in Love

 Before we start this post, I just want to say, THANK YOU FOR 2000 VIEWS! I know I'm a little late, but thank you anyway!! I have something fun that is in the works, and I hope you all will really enjoy it. You can expect to see it announced in the next few weeks. :) Now, back to the post.

What is this?




Well I wasn't expecting that. We are supposed to have a mare and foal every other year. We had Elbe and Spree last year, so that should have meant no mare/foal duo this year. Is that pattern over now, or is this just a weird year?? I don't know, but whatever's going on, we ended up with this pretty vintage set. I like the idea, but not even close to enough to buy it. The mare has a gorgeous mold and a bad color, the foal has a not-so-pleasant mold, and a stunning color.

Now, for the "But in Love" part of the post.


Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah! It is my beloved Troubadour boy, in a gorgeous (albeit slightly pumpkin toned) bay! Oh, I LOVE this one! Yesterday (and for that matter, the day before) was a terrible, no-good, very-bad, rotten day. If it could go wrong, it did. It was such a nice, spirit lifting surprise to check the blog and be greeted by this little hunk! He will be my third on the mold. I would like to conga it, so eventually I will get around to buying Morganquest, but I'm in no rush on him.

It's looking like today will be busy with a side of unpleasant again today, so I apologize if I am late with the next post. It will be a really good one, and will self-explain the delay.

If you are looking for something really fun and model horsey to do, Equiden of equidensplasticponies.blogspot.com, is hosting a big, fun giveaway to celebrate her 1000th view! You can check it out here. :)


11 comments:

  1. Yeah I'm in love too🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagine him in a pretty english set, trotting calmly over ground poles. . . 🤤😍

      Delete
    2. I knnnnooooww......😭🤤🤤🤤. I can't go in person or online though. I'm the only one in my family in the hobby. I so wish I could have him though. Scoop him up you guys!

      Delete
  2. You know Adah--I'm kinda with you! I wish they had switched the color around on the mare and foal--then a lot more people would probably be saying "Ooooooooo" instead of bad mouthing the molds. I wish the younger generation would do a little more research into their hobby instead of constantly being negative!! You *wouldn't * have "Bobbi Jo" and others like her if it weren't for "Lady Phase" and her ilk; likewise, there probably wouldn't be a "Troubadour "without the Stretched Morgan"! I think somewhere that there's a saying that starts off like "From small beginnings..."
    Forgive me if it sounds like I'm bashing you or the younger generation(as that's not my intention!) --but I *am* chuckling a little bit about what's it gonna be like in another 10-20 years-what *that* generation is going to think of the models everyone is so crazy about now(Georg, Hamilton, Troubadour,etc )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree! I was raised on the vintage molds because that was what was available and affordable. I have a great fondness for many of them. Especially Lady Phase, Brighty, Pacer, and Old Timer. :)
      You certainly don't sound like you're bashing! I understand exactly what you mean. It does make me wonder where the molds will be in 10-20 years! Quite interesting food for thought. . .

      Delete
  3. Isn't that bay Troubadour scrumptious??!!(I just hope that don't wear the mold out putting release after release on him tho!) I'd love to see him in palomino or buckskin next!! Him and Peanutine are definitely on my list to get!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I don't want to see him go down the same path as the Alborozo SM mold. I would be overjoyed to see a dilute! I was head-over-heels for the palomino live auction they did a couple years ago. :)
      I think Peanutine would be so cute if someone would sticky-tac a mini bag of peanuts to his mouth. :3

      Delete
  4. I'm so excited to see Troubadour in bay! He's the only BF horse I'm interested in so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nichelle! Hi! I read your blog, I love your tutorials, printables and props very much. Yeah, I'm sure in love with that horse...🤤

      Delete
    2. And congratulations on Highlander!! I was lucky to see Snowbird in person, he was so beautiful!!!

      Delete
    3. Hey there Nichelle! Thank you for adding me to your reading list! :) That Troubie will be so pretty next to Snowbird.

      Delete

I always love to read comments. Thank you for leaving your thoughts!