Friday, February 17, 2023

Leprechauns and Glossy Jig-Dancers (Plus a couple other bits of Breyer news)

 Yesterday, Breyer dropped two new models on the website yesterday, Bolero and Go Figure, plus a St. Patty's Day plush.

I think all the world's flippers were expecting Bolero to be an under an hour sell-out, but I think he was in stock until late last night. He is sold out now. For curious parties, his retail price was set at $75 (+shipping and taxes).

Bolero

I really liked him, but the gloss was a bit of a turn-off for me, so I passed. It does seem like it has been a bit since we had a glossy solid bay (or I could just be forgetting our last one), so I'm glad they did it for the shiny lovers. I do not have any models on the Fireheart mold (Trad or SM), so hopefully the next run will be a nice, obtainable, matte boy. :)


Go Figure is the first Vintage club model for 2023. I thought this was supposed to be the music box Fury Prancer, but apparently he has experienced a set-back (go figure LOL). Breyer said that this is the first time in history that the Justin Morgan mold has seen anything but a solid coat. From Breyer:

"Chris Hess’s Justin Morgan (mold #65) was both the second Breyer Morgan mold, and the second model based on the work of Marguerite Henry. In spite of his runner-up status, his good looks and pleasant demeanor won him many fans, and his original Bay release was a steadfast member of the Breyer line throughout the 1970s and 1980s.

Never one to steal the limelight, most of Justin Morgan’s subsequent releases have been almost as plainly dressed as the first. For his Vintage Club release Go Figure – and to celebrate his fiftieth anniversary – we’ve decided to remedy that by giving him a very modern makeover in Silver Bay Pinto."

The music box Fury Prancer

Go Figure


Interesting! I love the color, and I think it would be to die for on the Rhian mold (please Breyer!). 


I almost forgot, here's Kelly O'Breyer:

Kelly O'Breyer

While Breyer's plush are certainly not my pinch of dragon dust, I can see this guy being more popular that some. I think his collar/necktie/whatever-it-is is a cute touch. :)


Last but not least, we have some excited (more true to life) photos of the Breyer SRs and LEs!

These were on the BF Blog yesterday (under the VIP post).



Yummy! Look at those little lovelies! I'm loving Wells, I'm sure it is just a prototype, but his color looks like artist pastel!

I have to wonder, I don't see Buggy in the top photo? Am I blind, or is he not here?? I was really looking forward to his first (nearly) in-hand style photo! I hope they take one with him in it soon.


That's all for today! I'm hoping to have some photos of the resins before long here, they are nearly complete! I did a ton of work on the last night, and I'm quite pleased with them. :) Maybe first of next week.


2 comments:

  1. Yeah, Wells looks soon handsome in that pic.🤤 And congratulations on your resins, I can't wait to see them! AC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you as ever for splendid reporting. This is the first time I've seen all the BF horses in one place (except for Buggy!). // As per the Morgan, the name "Figure" looms large in Morgan history. But I like your set-back explanation!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read comments. Thank you for leaving your thoughts!