Sunday, March 26, 2023

Surveys and Soon-to-Be's

    Back to normal posting! I hope that OMHPS mini series was helpful to some of you. Starting any new system can be confusing, so maybe that made things easier.

    Anyways, back to the subject at hand - a new model horse community survey! The talented Maeve King-Devery has put together a survey to help collect the demographics of the model horse community at large! So exciting! I love stats too, so I am anxious to see the results. You do not need to give any personal info in the survey (not even an email) so everyone should be comfortable doing it. Please take the survey and pass it along to all your model friends. Maeve wrote this in the announcement:

"Hi! I'm Maeve King-Devery, a hobbyist and a huge data nerd! I realised we don't currently have a way to capture large-scale demographic data, so I thought... why not do a survey? :D

The survey has five sections: demographic questions, questions about your past in the hobby, questions about your current hobby interests, your participation in hobby events, and a section for international hobbyists. The data in this survey is anonymous (unless you choose to identify yourself somewhere) and the only two people who will look at the raw responses are myself, Maeve, and my partner Tim. Together we will compile the raw data into the full results, which will be posted on my blog, on instagram, and on facebook in the group 'Modelholics Anonymous'.

The survey is open for a month and will close on the 26th of April, 2023.  Please share the link to the survey with your friends - I would love to capture as much information about the hobby as possible!"

Thank you Maeve! This is Maeve's photo, and it contains a bit more information: 



I filled it out, and I hope you do too!

    Second little announcement, I am considering trying a new series on my blog. Theoretically, it will be always on a Friday (every week, or every other week, or maybe once a month or perhaps random. . . you get the idea). It will feature an artist, tack-maker, propmaker, seller, or other model horse person doing a fantastic job in their field. I got this idea the other day scrolling through my Etsy feed. I was looking at pages and pages of gorgeous tiny equine things and yet I was only familiar with a fraction of the sellers. These people deserve some recognition! I will not feature a person unless I have contacted them and collect their permission to do so. I will hopefully be able to link some of their products (if applicable) and post photos and some information on the person. It should be fun!
Please post in the comments if you like this idea. If the series doesn't get support, it will die. I'm not gonna make you suffer through a series of posts you are not interested in! :)

Thank you for reading! Have a blessed Sunday. 💜

5 comments:

  1. Oh, cool! I filled it out, excited to see the results. :)

    The new series sounds awesome, you should definitely do it! 💜

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be great to read about creators out there in the hobby I've not heard of. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Definitely do the series, also I can't wait to see the survey results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Definitely do another series! The last one was super helpful, although I unfortunately can't compete. My mom wants me to stick with Breyer for a little while longer. But it was super helpful, and when I get the ok I will use the posts for sure. Thank you so much, I can't wait to see the next series! AC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a quick note, Maeve’s pronouns are they them :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read comments. Thank you for leaving your thoughts!