Sunday, April 2, 2023

Naughty Nokota

 Happy Palm Sunday everyone! Hosanna to the King of Kings. 🌿

Yesterday was April Fool's Day, and, in keeping with tradition, Breyer tried to pull a sneaky on us. They announced that they had made the roached mane permanent on Nokota. Seemed a little far fetched but maybe they were just trying to avoid another Discoheart-heartbreak like last year.

We Collector Club members had seen this sneak-peek on Thursday:

So most of us were expecting a reveal in the coming days. Many (including myself) were guessing a Nokota, so the Breyer Blog post this morning didn't shock me.


What did surprise me was that it was a Gambler's Choice! Say what?!? We always used to have a GC on a Classics/Freedom Series mold. They must be doing away with that this year (no problem with me; I don't collect 1:12).

I like this release a lot. I feel like the bay is way too much like Bolero, but I'm sure he will be well received nonetheless. My favorites are the grulla appy and the tobiano. I might buy one of these, we'll see. I'm trying to keep myself on a pony ban (not counting my Mariposa and Flor) until BF time, but these dudes just may make me break.

Tell me which colorway is your favorite in the comments! Also, what would you have named this release? Breyer calls him Shelby, but I don't think it suits him.

1 comment:

  1. How about Colorado? My Favs are the same as yours!😂 1st fav: tobiano 2nd: grulla appy. Or maybe vis versa? I dunno he is a real stunner. AC

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read comments. Thank you for leaving your thoughts!