Saturday, June 24, 2023

Really Late Mid-Year Post and a New Herd Member!

 At this point I may as well just not post about the mid-years anymore. But, I said I would, so here's just my opinions of them. (I won't be bothering with the CollectA, because new ones of them appear all the time it seems.)

Mojave:


I like this one a lot more than I thought I would. When I first saw the leaked thumbnail, I wasn't all that revved up. He seemed pretty flat in color, even if his pattern was screamingly loud. I was pleased to see that I was incorrect! The bigger pics really make him look nice. I'll probably end up getting this one at some point. 

Full Moon Rising:


I like this model, but I'm not head over heels. He (she? The real horse is a male, but the mold is female, so Idk what Breyer has done) will make a nice addition to my photo show string though, as I have very few TBs. I will most likely pick it up at some point before it's retirement.

NEW HERD MEMBER TIME!

So, y'all have heard of the Dollar General SMs that went around last year? Well, I have 2 DGs in my town, and both have carried them. All of the varieties EXCEPT the rare black pinto ASB. She was the only one I wanted. I have seen only one and a meant to pick her back up on my way out, but I forgot. She was gone when I went back. 

This morning, I ran into DG for some unrelated items, and looked down the toy aisle, and, wonder of wonders, there she was. Just one. I grabbed her right away! I'm plum tickled with her.


Her show name is, can you guess? SDS Plum Tickled. I will be showing her as a Spotted Saddle Horse. They do come in Overo (see previous link) and the conformation is spot on (no pun intended).



Her plastic is slightly different than typical SM plastic, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it "rubbery". The rest of the models in the series are trashy looking (imo) but don't hesitate to buy this one if you see it. She looks even better in person. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read comments. Thank you for leaving your thoughts!