Monday, June 19, 2023

Silence. . .

Sorry it's been so long guys! I am back. So much has happened. So much that I'll only hit the high (and low) lights.


Exactly 24 minutes after I re-published the blog, the bot returned. It crawled every. single. post. About 3 days later, it disappeared. No trace. I thought I had beat it, but no. It is back as of two days ago. It's page views have slowed down tremendously, but it is still here. I did read a comment from Timaru Star II on Horsiemama's blog that said that she once had this problem and her solution was to ask it to go away in the text of a post. I will be "asking it" at the bottom of this post, but I think this one is too high tech to respect anything like that. Several bloggers in the hobby right now are being plagued with it, so if you have any ideas, please lmk!

(Susan's comment about her experience)

I also have been working on getting my garden in ground. It took longer than it should have because we had an unexpected frost the night after I transplanted, killing everything. I had to start late and buy some seedlings.

Then I took on a new job, which has me quite busy. The first week of learning processes and getting into routines is always a bit crazy.

Lastly, this morning, one of my holiest holy grails popped up for sale for a lot less than his usual going rate. It's killing me, because all my hobby money right now is budgeted for BF and I won't be able to afford him and all my planned BF purchases.  (He's a Stone SR of only 30 pieces, so there is reason to think I may never see him again.) I suppose I'll get over it, but the timing is just a bit frustrating!

Ok, I'm done venting now.

I do plan to be back regularly now, starting with a post covering our mid-year releases. They're real beauties this year!


This is the note for the bot: I don't know who you are or what you want, but please stop. Please stop running rampant over the blogs in this community. This blog is a part of me, and I don't understand why anyone would want to ruin it by causing panic and disruption. I know you are from Singapore, I know you use Mobile Safari on an Android device. Please stop upping the page hits here. You've ruined the cerebration I was planning for 8K hits because I know it's not legit anymore. You've been here thousands of times, and it's time to stop.

3 comments:

  1. Best of luck! Which Stone was it? I have a bunch of (old) Stone ISHs... one of my favorites. I know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was Big Blue, a 2021 Equilocity model. (https://stonehorses.com/products/big-blue-le-10-etched-black-and-white-pinto-irish-draft-painted-by-ellen-eq-2021?_pos=5&_sid=17977d5c0&_ss=r) Thankfully he sold this morning, so he doesn't have to tantalize me anymore!
      The ISH is very nice. I have "Fancy" on it. I got her for around $7 at a rural auction a few years back.

      Delete
  2. girl does a web crawler really matter that much

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read comments. Thank you for leaving your thoughts!