Thursday, November 2, 2023

New Additions That Were . . . Missed??

 Well, not sure how that happened. I managed to miss publishing the post about the other two horses I bought from the auction. Sorry about that.

First up, SDS Menthol Burns, AKA Ice.




Such detailed mohair!

Pretty glass eyes!

Very nice dorsal stripe.

Leg barring!!!

Nicely done horseshoes.

This picture just turned out funny so I added it. :)

Isn't he nice for $12? He's in excellent condition, considering his past. His hair was still wrapped in the plastic sleeves. The only thing he was missing was his base (which I'm okay with, since I find bases are a nuisance). For those wondering, he is the 2008-2009 Best In Show QH.

Second! And this one has a story at the end. SDS Attack of the Mailman, AKA Randy.



Gorgeous dapples!!

I love those dapples. Randy is the 2008-2009 Best In Show Arabian. He is in fair condition given his age, but is really no better than shelf or low PSQ. Part of that is because of what happened at the auction.

So, the auctioneer is actually a family member of a friend of mine, and his name is Randy. When he's not auctioneering, he works as a mailman for USPS.

Anyway, the table was going "choice", so I was standing there, waiting for them to finish with the other junk on the table (some diecast cars, magazines, and a huge Michael Jackson wall memoriam [it sold for $18!!]), when suddenly, Randy (the man) strikes one of the wall hangings off the wall above the table (by accident, of course). The picture fell directly onto this little Arab. In retrospect, it was rather humorous, but in the moment I was pretty frustrated. I ended up buying the Arab for $5.

What is happening to me? I never used to like glossies, decos, or mohairs. In the last three months, I have purchased one glossy deco and two mohairs! Shock and horror, could my collecting tastes be shifting?? I hope not; models being produced in gloss have saved me a lot of money over the years!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read comments. Thank you for leaving your thoughts!