Thursday, November 17, 2022

Winter Has Come

And with winter comes the snow. My town was hit with a snowstorm last night, and it is to be continuing all day, and well into tonight. Here are some photos of the current conditions.

This is the tip of the iceberg (no pun intended) for where I live. It is not uncommon to see -15F to -20F degrees in January. We get large snow drifts that close up front doors and bury our mailboxes frequently. 

There are two sets of photos, one from two days ago, and one from today. The first set is from two days ago, when we got a light dusting. ⬇










It is not at all uncommon for me to look out my back window and see a herd of 20-40 white-tailed deer standing out there. This is one of the newer herd members, I believe she joined the herd a couple months ago.



These photos are from today. ⬇


This image was taken prior to two more flurries, so the snow is deeper now.


This is a spring onion planter, that now looks more like an abominable snowman/porcupine mix.



Even my pets are all snuggled up! This is Dexter, my 14yr old Tuxedo DSH.

Rosy, my 2yr old Black DSH.

And everybody knows Blanche, my 3yr old Broken Lemon Agouti American Guinea Pig. She is peaking out of her cozy hidey-hole box. I didn't have a veggie snack for her, so she didn't trouble herself with fully emerging.

On a model horsey note, I have seen that the stock images for Giorgio, Poppy and Olly, and Kit have surfaced, so I will be updating the JAH photos post with those ASAP. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read comments. Thank you for leaving your thoughts!