Wednesday, December 28, 2022

SDS Ground Level (Snowbird)

 Here is the new addition post I've been talking about! The sun was finally out today so I was able to take the photos. :)

Meet SDS Ground Level, barn name of Weston! He is Breyer model W700125 - Snowbird, 2022 Holiday Horse.

SDS Ground Level, AKA Weston, Grey Morgan Stallion.

This fella is virtually flawless, with just a tiny smudge on his barrel toward his right "armpit". It is only a textural flaw, and you cannot see it in photos. You can't even see it in real life, only sense it with your fingertip. His shading is lovely and gentle, and his details are fabulous. His eyes are my favorite part, they just look right into your soul! They really captured the "spirit of the horse" in this model.


Although painted chestnuts are more of the standard than the exception nowadays, I still remember the times when it was a big deal to have that detail. It pleases me to see it so nicely executed on Snowbird.


His barn name was chosen from my favorite book, "Out of the Silent Planet" by C. S. Lewis, from the Space Trilogy (it's 75% off right now through that link; I suggest you get it because it truly is an amazing read if you like sci-fi space fiction-y sort of stuff). I have a few horses whose names are inspired by it, (one of my favorites being a simple little appy RR SM). In the book, Weston is the tyrannical, fame/fortune-driven crazed scientist who. . . I'll stop there in case you want to read the series. 😉

I also have another new addition (or two) to show off, but I will do that another day. :) Thank you for reading! And thank you for helping me hit 1500 views a couple days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read comments. Thank you for leaving your thoughts!