Sunday, January 22, 2023

Collection Collective ~ SDS Brenton and SDS Predestined Love

I gotta admit, I'm kinda disappointed in you guys. I didn't get a single suggestion about who to feature in this post! You made me decide all by myself. Shame on you! Lol, I'm just kidding (but seriously, try to participate next time!).

Since I was on my own, I decided to go with two RR SMs. First is SDS Brenton.

"Brent" is on the G5 Lipizzaner mold, sculpted by Kelly Sealey. His release is the Pintos and Palominos SM gift set.




Other than some little masking issues up by his mane, this is a really nice specimen. I show him as an Irish Sport Horse, although I am kinda sorta considering switching it up.


Next! This is SDS Predestined Love. I love this little fellow because of his story. So I guess we start with the fact that at my church, there is a really kind lady who just knows everyone, you don't have to tell her about yourself, she just knows. She's really sweet and everyone loves her. One Sunday morning, she approached me before the service and handed me a little box, and whispered "I know you do stuff with horses and model horses. . . I found this little guy at the thrift store". I thanked her, and she slipped away as I opened the box. Little SDS Predestined Love was in there. No idea why a horse this nice would be at a thrift store. He had only one tiny face rub when I got him (he got the hip one later on, from a jovial session of pony dominos between him and the Friesians). His color is rich, and I really like him. :)



He is on the G3 Arabian - Walking mold sculpted by Jane Lunger. I think he was release #5906 "Arabian", a blister card RR SM from 2006-2008, but he could have been the "Horse A Day" 2010 Calendar that ran from 2009-2010 (no available model number). They appear to be the same in every respect other than the different packaging. I assume that the calendar models were extras from the RRs.


So, who do you want to see next? Post your favorite horse color, sculptor, mold, or time period down in the comments, and I'll see who I can pull from the shelves! Feel free to get specific, but I might not have what you want. I'll get as close as I can!

Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. Pretty horses! I'm a sucker for dark bay/black paints, and palominos/flaxen chestnuts! Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally blown away that the lady from your church would gift you a Breyer. What an incredibly kindhearted person to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops! Sorry Adah!😅 I suggested Willow and Charlie as names for the horses, and you just wanted suggestions for the series names. My bad! Collection Collective sounds classy though! I like it! That story is so sweet😭. AC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathleen Moody(ethereal mold🤯 I love Wilder!!), Sommer Prosser,(gtr patricks vindicator I think) Brigette Eberl(alborzo is my fave, my parents gifted me a suncatcher alborzo stablemate)AC.

      Delete
    2. Could your sport horse pass as a Hanoverian or a warmblood? AC

      Delete

I always love to read comments. Thank you for leaving your thoughts!