Saturday, January 28, 2023

DeJAH Vu

Remember that kinda new addition post I've been referring to? This is it!

Last week I was browsing MH$P, and I ran across an ad with a highly intriguing title: "FREE - OLD JAH MAGAZINES!". I immediately contacted the seller, and paid for the shipping. The seller was Diane Keil, and I cannot recommend her enough! She was so amazing, and even sent it the shipping method I preferred! I received the magazines on Wednesday. They are in amazing condition. Perfectly mint, one even has the paper renewal sleeve still on it! They are the complete selection (including BreyerFest pamphlets and posters) from 1992-2002.

I really want to take these and retype out the articles, and take pictures and scans of the photographs, so I can post them on here for everyone to see. This sort of thing needs to be more available so new hobbyists can learn more about the hobby history! I emailed June Banker, Breyer's Media Room person, and she gave me the okay to do this, providing I cite my sources and do it the formal way. :) I am just finishing up my correspondence with her and finalizing the details, and then I will be able to start using them. I hope this will be a new asset to beginner hobbyists. 

(PLEASE NOTE: These articles are not public property. Please do not take them from my blog and re-post them. You may post a link to my blog, but do not re-post the content as your own. This should go without saying, but I must say it. I went through the company and obtained formal permission. Just because I was granted allowance does not mean that your use of it is okay. If you would like to use it, you need to contact the company and ask first. Thank you.)

I can't start the series until I finish talking to June. You can expect to see the first post show up within a week. They won't be all in a row, just sporadically thrown in now and again. There are tons of them!

Here are some photos:










Peter Stone!





Found this cool sticker in-between the pages of one of the 1996 JAHs!









4 comments:

  1. I have the entire set, from 1975 on. But no time to do such as you are hoping to. Congratulations, best of luck, and thank you. Susan Bensema Young, Timaru Star II.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Thank you!!! 🎉🎉☺️☺️AC

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Excited sounds* THIS IS GOING TO BE SO FUN! Thanks Adah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I can’t read either the magazines themselves or digital scans, this will be amazing for me! Thank you so much for doing this!
    Teagan

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read comments. Thank you for leaving your thoughts!