Saturday, July 29, 2023

SDS Grandpa's War Bond AKA The Secretive Stallion

He's here! Mr. Mysterious himself. Here's a picture of him on his way out to get his photos:


Any final guesses?

A nice package from Alyssa Simin arrived at my door yesterday, and inside was a . . .

Glossy Bravour 54! I won the diorama contest this year! It was so hard not to share it with you all. I knew quite a bit in advance (I had some legal stuff to sign and all) but Breyer swore me to secrecy. I decided to wait for him to arrive before I announced it publicly. :)





Let me tell you, I was not expecting to find the glossy version prettier than the matte. I never do (I still think my matte Nikko is nicer than my glossy one). But this one is quite the exception!! That gloss smooths out all his old imperfections. My copy is gorgeous! His COA is pretty too (but I don't have a pic of it - sorry!). I love that the glossy one has a grey area on his snoot! So cute. The matte one is all black there.

I decided to name him SDS Grandpa's War Bond. He's a comforting model to have on the shelf, but I never plan on selling him. It is really nice to know he's there (and my glossy Nikko from last year).

He looks so sweet on the shelf next to the matte. On the other end of the same shelf is my glossy Nikko.


The shelf below has a Bryant's Jake, SBH Phoenix, Wells, Avatar's Jazzman, and Valentine and Heartbreaker. (I'm telling you because I know I'd be squinting at the bottom of the picture and hurting my eyes if I were you 😂)

Still waiting on my matte replacement Bravour.

4 comments:

  1. That’s amazing!!!! Congratulations!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! Congratulations on winning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Congratulations on your win! And your model is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read comments. Thank you for leaving your thoughts!