Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Moment of Weakness

I honestly didn't have any intention of participating in this afternoon's second chance sale for BreyerFest. No intention at all. But, yesterday evening, I was catching up on my blog reading on Brittany's Breyers, and lo and behold, I see in-person pictures of a Scurry. I'd seen plenty of perlino Scurries, but only one or two bay versions. I was suddenly in love! I bought one today at the sale. Fingers crossed for bay! If not I will probably sell. :)

Excuse the watermark, it's the only pic of her I could find!

I do have one model on the mold already - Honeybunch. I got her the year she was released. I show her as a Gypsy Vanner x Haflinger. I'd like to show Scurry as a Gypsy Vanner Pony, but I'm still deciding. If you got a Scurry, what do you show her as? Let me know in the comments!



I'm still working on the anniversary giveaway, I hope to have more news soon! I know there will be at least one HSO (horse-shaped-object) involved (at least).

1 comment:

  1. I don't have the pinto Scurry but I did paint a very similar bay tobiano custom on the Stablemates version of that mould, and I've been happily showing him as a cob pony. Vanner pony, whatever you want to call it, I know the name for small ones is linked to whatever the preferred name is for the big ones in each country. He's been a champion in his section, and a few other good placings, so I think it goes down fine with judges who are aware of the breed having developed a smaller version too (we've been referring to them as 'pony cobs' for about fifteen years locally, but they only seem to have been acknowledged in the more international model horse world quite recently)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read comments. Thank you for leaving your thoughts!