Wednesday, February 1, 2023

My BreyerFest Plans

I figured today would be a good day to talk about my personal plans for BreyerFest 2023. However, before we get started into there, let's look at our last two BF models. They are the online limited editions (you can still get them if you are going to KY, you just need to buy them through the website and have them shipped).

Say hello to. . . Studebaker!



Very pretty! She looks long and elegant, and her pattern is perfectly laid out - not too busy, not too boring. She will definitely be popular, but will not be trotting into my collection. The mold is just too long. And she is so head on, photos of her end up looking weird and stretched. I have Omega Fahim (who's color I love), and I'm content not getting anymore. My favorite part of the mold is the sweet face. Her name is interesting. . . all I can see anytime I read it is: 

If you don't get it, click here.


The SM Online LE is on the ever popular Django mold. Well nuts. I was hoping to be content with *ahem*six*ahem* BF Stablemates this year.



I really feel that this little dude should have a facial marking. A big star would be ideal, but most anything would work. I like him anyway though. Why does everything have to be so doggone glossy?! I'll probably buy him despite that though, because he will just look so good next to my RR Django.


Alright, now here's my BF plans, as promised. :)

I will be attending virtually this year. As much as I would love to go this year, it's just not in the realm of possibility. First of all, it's not in the model horse budget. Second of all, when I go, I will go with my family, as they would like to visit a museum on the way and it only makes sense to carpool (it's a huge trip for a North-Western PA person like me!). There are other reasons too, but I don't need to discuss them.

As for virtual activities, I will be doing the diorama contest (probably), shopping, browsing, taking some workshops, and participating in whatever "new BF activities for CC members" Breyer was illuding to in the January newsletter. Knowing them it's probably like a coloring contest.

For models, I will be buying Wells, Hark, the BoBF set, Teamster, and Buggy (of course I will be getting Bravour as well, but he comes with my ticket so not really "buying him" per say). I will also be picking up q couple of the smaller scale RRs.

I'll probably find more stuff I need as July gets closer, but for now that's it.

So, who are you guys getting?

4 comments:

  1. I can't attend this year, but I might be tracking down and paying a king's ransom for Wheeler (glossy bay Kit) and the online stablemate. I can't with his varnish marks, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get any or go, unless I somehow get $25 bucks for the online stablemates access. If I could go: LE stablemate, wells, hark, the BOBF set, peanutine, jump and drive, scurry, Tilly, and maybe the Constantine "via" for customizing. I could see her as a dapple gray.😍hint hint Breyer! AC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh, buggy btw. I forget his name. He looks like a Charlie or Wilbur. Then again I think that every model looks like a Charlie!😂AC

      Delete
  3. I don’t think I will be attending in any fashion. Expensive stuff keeps happening, with the most recent thing being my pony needing surgery. My savings have been so completely depleted that I’ve been selling off models to fund as much of the surgery as I can.
    Teagan

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read comments. Thank you for leaving your thoughts!